Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What I Have Learned So Far...

So far this semester I have learned several different things about America and what truely makes us Americans. When I first read the assignment to write a letter to someone coming to this country for the first time telling them what an American was I was a little skeptical. The main reason for this being, that I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to be able to tell someone else what makes us special, but then I really sat down and thought about it. After I began brainstorming for the assignment I figured out that there are actually lots of things that make Americans unique, and lots of different ways in which to describe our culture to other people. Another thing that I have learned so far is what different people think about our culture and Americans as a people. Many people share the same views about this country and it's people, but not everyone has the same feelings. I've always known that not everyone in America feels as lucky and unique as I do, but now that I've gotten to read different people's opinions and descriptions of "What An American Is" it has made me think about some of the reasons as to why they feel differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment